Thursday, January 5, 2012

Research at WHOI

I am currently at WHOI, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, as an intern. I am working with Young-Oh Kwon and Magdalena Andres as well as a graduate student, Derya A Yellin. Derya came up with the idea to use temperature data from scuba divers as an additional dataset when studying near-shore physical processes. She is organizing the creation of a website to create a database of that information. I am working on the analysis of a small dataset to examine the relevant time and spacial scales. We will also be investigating the accuracy of various dive computers' temperature recordings.

In other news, just got my grades back from last semester- 4.0! I was definitely not expecting that, but I am very happy. Oh, I also am up to 9 submitted applications for grad school. Debating applying to Teach for America.
ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment